How to Prepare for Your Senior Pictures
Your senior pictures are around the corner, and you haven’t even thought about outfits, hairstyles, or anything. Don’t worry! I have got you covered and will help you prepare for your Senior Pictures. I have a dedicated style closet full of hand selected items that are meant just for the occasion. Have a look – be inspired – own it. I have also put together the ultimate senior picture checklist with useful items for prepping for your session.
30 Days Until Session
- Practice Hairstyle Many Times Until Session. Check here for inspiration.
- Haircut/Color Appointment (Girls)
- Start putting together outfit ideas, plenty of ideas here for inspiration!
10 Days Until Session
- Haircut/Color Appointment (Guys)
- Think about what props you want to include in your session (skateboard, guitar, etc)
- Don’t Get a Sunburn or Highly Visible Tan Lines
Day Before Session
- Outfits Chosen
- Accessories Chosen – hats, necklaces, earrings, shades, etc
- Undergarments Chosen (no visible bra straps, etc)
- Make sure to Iron out the wrinkles.
- Decide on your shoes – per outfit!
- Props Chosen (and Communicated to Photographer)
- Do your Nails
- Glasses Remove Lenses or Borrow from Optometrist
- Lots of Sleep
Day Of Session
- Shave (Guys face; Girls legs, underarms)
- Eat Before Session – I will bring light snacks!
- Do hair and makeup before arriving on location.
Make Sure You Have…
- All of your Outfits
- Proper Undergarments
- Makeup Bag
- Makeup Remover Wipes
- Hair brush
I will bring:
- Curling Iron
- Water with Straw (Lipstick-friendly)
- Safety Pins
- Stain Remover
- Lint Roller
- Blotting Papers
- Hair comb
- Bobby Pins
- Hair Gel (Guys)
- Optional Accessories (Jewelry, hats, belts, etc)
- Makeshift changing area
Want more tips? Need more help to prepare for your senior pictures? Follow me on Instagram @candaceretmierphotography